Randolph Randy Camp

Randolph Randy Camp
SCREENWRITER/ NOVELIST

Friday, October 24, 2014

Always Reaching

What drives you? What keeps you going?
I recently received an email from one of my young fans who had asked me, “Do you think that you would ever stop writing?” Her question made me think about many things, one of which was the reasons behind my constant drive to attain and achieve certain goals in life.
I’m a firm believer in doing whatever you’re capable of doing, especially if it’s something constructive and positive, because you’re setting an example for others around you. And in my case, my persistent drive to accomplish certain goals comes from my true love of writing and a deeper belief that even though I can’t always shower my own children with material things and wealth, I can, however, always provide them with a sense of hope and inspiration simply by watching me achieve tiny accolades from time to time.
It’s my greatest wish that my own children and grandchildren go much further in life than myself, and that’s why I’m always reaching higher and higher. Giving a child a sense of hope is extremely valuable, and God bless all of you who are, every day, setting a great example for those around you and those in your personal life as well.
By the way, in answering the young lady’s question, I simply told her, “No, I can’t stop writing — I have a lot of kids and grandchildren.”  – Randolph Randy Camp

More at http://www.goodreads.com/randolphcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment