Randolph Randy Camp

Randolph Randy Camp
SCREENWRITER/ NOVELIST

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Audacity to Dream

Some of my early childhood years were spent without a television in the house because our father was a very religious man, and he would say that the devil speaks through the TV. However, when I did get a chance to sneak to a cousin’s or a neighbor’s house to watch a TV show or movie I thought that it was the most fascinating thing, especially when I actually identified with some of the characters in the movie or in the TV series. Needless to say, I was hooked ever since. My love of creating colorful characters and original stories had its birth in rural Spotsylvania County, Virginia in the mid sixties and early 70’s.
As I grew older I got this crazy notion and would have these wild dreams that I was going to write a book one day, and sometimes my thoughts and daydreams would really get away from me and I would have the audacity to think that I would actually write a movie screenplay one day and see it come to life on the big silver screen or on the small box in your living room. What a dreamer I am, huh?
Regardless of my income level or my past or present day jobs, I was always thinking about or actually working on a writing project. When I was employed as a security guard at a TV station and Studio Lot in Los Angeles, I used that opportunity to learn every aspect of the TV and movie production industry as various TV shows and movies were being taped on our sound stages. My five years as a security guard at this TV station certainly became my own ‘poor man’s film school’.
Today, I’ve been very fortunate to have accomplished many of my literary dreams, but seeing one of my stories (especially ‘Wet Matches’) come to life on the big silver screen is one dream that I’m still working on and truly hope to see realized in the near future.
As we venture forward in 2016 I hope that this year has gotten off to a great start for all of you and whatever your aspirations and goals are in life, don’t let anyone or anything dampen your spirit and your audacity to dream. – Randolph Randy Camp
More at https://www.amazon.com/author/randolphcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment