Randolph Randy Camp

Randolph Randy Camp
SCREENWRITER/ NOVELIST

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Power of Visions

I can't believe it! It was 13 years ago when I ran my first marathon. Running those 26.2 miles on that cool Los Angeles morning was one of my most challenging experiences ever. In fact, it was such a rewarding experience for me that I also ran in the 2004 LA Marathon the following year. Running 26.2 miles in a marathon race can seem overwhelming at first, but what helped me through my months of training, and what allowed me to continue putting one foot in front of the other during the actual marathon was the fact that I kept envisioning myself crossing the finish line.
Completing a full screenplay or a novel manuscript can seem a bit overwhelming as well. As a writer, I would envision someone physically holding and reading my book as I would be in the early stages of making the outline or just getting started on the opening sentence of the first chapter. It's amazing how the power of visions work. When I was writing my very first screenplay, I would envision people sitting in the theater watching the movie on the big silver screen.
If you're an aspiring musician, actor, actress, or someone who dreams of becoming an executive or a CEO of your own company or a huge fortune 500 company one day, then, by all means, go ahead and use this valuable tool of envisioning, and image yourself on stage, on screen, or sitting comfortably behind your massive, glossy oak desk in that cushion, high-back executive chair.
Regardless of the challenges, don't ever let anyone or anything stop you from achieving your goal. Keep taking those baby steps toward your dream! - Randolph Randy Camp
More at https://www.amazon.com/author/randolphcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment