Randolph Randy Camp

Randolph Randy Camp
SCREENWRITER/ NOVELIST

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Dream BIG!

It’s a laid back Sunday and I’m going to watch my all-time favorite movies, which are ‘Imitation of Life’, ‘Billy Jack’, ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’, ‘Butterfield 8’, and ‘A Patch of Blue’. Along with my love of music, these five movies all had a hand in developing me as a writer. Note that there are two film versions of ‘Imitation of Life’, the black and white original from the 1930’s and the colorized 1959 version. I love them both! Also, there are actually four movies in the ‘Billy Jack’ series. I’m partial to the second movie in the series, in which some, unofficially, calls it  ‘Billy Jack 2’. It’s the one whereby Billy defends the kids at the Freedom School (on the Reservation). What are your favorite movies? There’s something truly magical about movies, especially when you can identify and relate to certain characters. At a young age I fell in love with stories, characters, and writing. As a kid, I used to dream about writing my own book one day. I remember some kids would call me crazy for having such wild, far-fetched dreams. Now, all these years later, one of my novels ‘Wet Matches’ is on a long journey to come alive on the silver screen. Whatever your ‘thing’ is, please don’t let anyone discourage you from ‘going for it’….and don’t be afraid to dream BIG! – Randolph Randy Camp
More at https://www.amazon.com/author/randolphcamp
*(photo: Indie Movie Producer Rachel Rand and me)

No comments:

Post a Comment