Randolph Randy Camp

Randolph Randy Camp
SCREENWRITER/ NOVELIST

Sunday, May 22, 2016

True Heart

For the most part I actually do get to see the brighter side of humans, but every now and then, unfortunately, my eyes will witness the darker side of some of those around me. When I was writing the first draft of ’29 Dimes’ a few years ago I was simultaneously going through a rough emotional period in my private life whereby I had to make a major decision of whether to keep a so-called friend in my life or not. (She gave me reasons to question her true heart.) So, as I was writing ‘Vehicles’, an original song for the character ‘Teki’ in ’29 Dimes’, the lyrics just poured out of me. ‘Vehicles’ is a song about people who pretends to love and care about you only to get what they want.
Yep, we must be mindful of those we have and keep in our circle. My life changed for the better once I’d cut the ties with this so-called friend. I hope that your life is filled with goodhearted people who show you daily that they want nothing but betterment and happiness for you. It’s a wonderful feeling when you’re surrounded by people who enjoys it when you rise. And you also get a kick out of seeing them rise up as well.
Here’s the lyrics to ‘Vehicles’…
‘VEHICLES’
You pick me up…take me around
You use me up when you’re feelin’ down
Just like vehicles goin’ around and around
Just like vehicles in my town
You only need me when you’re down
Next time when you’re passin’ by
I’ll remember you…and the smile and the lie
‘Cause you’re just another vehicle goin’ by and by
Yeah, just another vehicle goin’ by and by
You hold me… You kiss me
You give me a ride
Maybe some day…maybe some way
We may collide.
– Randolph Randy Camp (from the novel ’29 Dimes: A Love Story’)
Learn more at https://www.amazon.com/author/randolphcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment