Randolph Randy Camp

Randolph Randy Camp
SCREENWRITER/ NOVELIST

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Books: The Great Escape

When I was coming up in rural Spotsylvania County, Virginia, I was a somewhat quiet child, and as I got older I began to find my voice through writing. After learning to read, I remember being excited whenever I got a chance to go to the library, either to the school library or to the Rappahannock Regional Library in Fredericksburg.
To me, finding an interesting book to read was like eating a big piece of yellow cake with thick layers of chocolate frosting! Yep, you got it — I was certainly a book nerd…and I’m proud to say that I still am. It has always bothered me to walk into a house or an apartment and find no reading materials whatsoever laying around, especially if I know that school-age kids are living there. Without offending a few of my neighbors, I’ve donated a book or two to their household so that the children would have something to read.
Books have the ability to fly you away to some colorful, fantastic land when you live on a dismal urban street infested with gangs and drug dealers. If you live in the middle of nowhere, where the nearest neighbor is three miles away, books can fly you away to some exotic paradise and bring you back whenever you like. Yes indeed, books are amazing, and I hope that your personal library collection is expanding and expanding. – Randolph Randy Camp
More at http://www.goodreads.com/randolphcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment