Randolph Randy Camp

Randolph Randy Camp
SCREENWRITER/ NOVELIST

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Flipping Procrastination: Creating Monica

Along with losing focus at times, one of my dreadful faults is procrastination. But in a strange twist of fate I was able to flip procrastination on its head and make it work for me. You see, I’m constantly writing and simultaneously coming up with new story ideas. As you can tell, this creates a big problem whereby I temporarily lose focus on my current writing project because of the steady flow of fresh incoming story ideas. In an effort to organize and keep track of my numerous story ideas, I jot down notes about each one and then I stick them in a pile in which I tell myself that I’ll get to them sometime in the near future. Sometimes this method works for me but for the most part it simply doesn’t. One day I looked at my ever-growing pile of story ideas and the lightbulb in my brain suddenly came on. It hit me, sift through the pile and create a short story collection, and that was the initial work to bring my latest project ‘MONICA a Short Story Collection’ to fruition. Whatever your goals are, don’t let procrastination stop you completely. For sure, it may slow us down a bit but keep moving on and never let it defeat you. Learn more at https://www.amazon.com/author/randolphcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment