Randolph Randy Camp

Randolph Randy Camp
SCREENWRITER/ NOVELIST

Sunday, July 3, 2016

America: The Other Side

As we celebrate America's Independence this weekend, I'll never forget the very first time I saw a slice of America which was certainly nothing to celebrate. I was 15 years old, and I saw a group of homeless people hanging out on the dirty, urine-stained streets of Philadelphia. When I returned back to Virginia from my 'teen runaway experience' I knew what I wanted to do with my life. My love of writing now had a sense of purpose.
There are homeless people in every little town and big city in America. Over the years, I've visited and volunteered at drop-in centers and soup kitchens that serve those in need. A couple years ago, I was honored to be included in a project entitled TEEN HOMELESSNESS by Justine Pedroza. This weekend, as we celebrate the 4th of July, I'll continue to do whatever I can to bring more awareness to 'the other side of America'. Enjoy the rest of your summer Everyone n' have a Safe and Happy 4th of July! - Randolph Randy Camp
More at https://www.amazon.com/author/randolphcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment