Randolph Randy Camp

Randolph Randy Camp
SCREENWRITER/ NOVELIST

Monday, November 16, 2015

Touching Someone

Are you happy with the way you are living your life? Is your life meaningful? Is your life boring?
Normally, I tend not to share the finer details about my private or romantic life on the web but a few months ago I shared a personal childhood memory, in which I’d entitled ‘The Longest Walk’. In ‘The Longest Walk’, I revealed how I had this secret crush on one of my elementary school classmates, and how incredibly cool it is, some forty-five years later, that this “girl of my childhood dreams” is currently one of my Facebook friends today. Ironically, as I also had mentioned in ‘The Longest Walk’, I’m still not revealing the actual name of the mystery girl.
I’m giving you this backstory because I’d received an email recently from one of my followers who was very curious to find out who exactly this mystery girl is. Personally, what I find to be the most interesting thing about this whole ordeal is that I can’t believe that there is actually something truly interesting and kind of cool about my life after all. Typically, we think of a writer’s life as being rather boring, but to have someone curious and interested in my life has given me a different perspective and made me realize that these mere words and stories that I share may possibly touch or impact someone else clear around the world. Yes indeed, words can be quite powerful and meaningful….and here I thought that my life was so boring. Hm. And just maybe, after taking a closer look at your own life, it’s also probably not as boring as you may think. Every day we touch people and we’re not even aware of it. – Randolph Randy Camp
More at https://www.amazon.com/author/randolphcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment