Randolph Randy Camp

Randolph Randy Camp
SCREENWRITER/ NOVELIST

Monday, July 21, 2014

I'll Never Forget My Hometown

At age 18, I wrote a "LETTER TO THE EDITOR" which was published in the local newspaper FREDERICKSBURG FREE LANCE- STAR on June 5, 1979...

PUT SOMETHING BACK, GRADUATES URGED
To the Editor:
I am a senior at Spotsylvania High School and will be graduating in a couple of weeks. This year many seniors from our area high schools will be going away to colleges and trade schools to become professionals in the business world and other fields. I hope that many of us will return to this area to put our skills and special training to work. We must not forget where we come from or those who helped us to get where we are (or will be). I can't speak for every senior, but I have taken something very valuable from this area, and I feel that I must put something back to show my appreciation. I am speaking of education. I have learned that a person should give if he or she has received. I hope that the class of '79 will join me in the future to reimburse our hometown.
RANDOLPH CAMP
Spotsylvania
Learn more at http://www.goodreads.com/randolphcamp





No comments:

Post a Comment