Randolph Randy Camp

Randolph Randy Camp
SCREENWRITER/ NOVELIST

Saturday, September 21, 2024

Monica: Being Heard

‘MONICA’ is the fifth story within my collection of twelve short stories. When the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade in 2022 I knew I had to go to work to help fight this backward-minded decision from the highest court. During my childhood I would see the Slave Auction Block fixated on the corner of Charles and William Street in Fredericksburg, Virginia. As I grew older I would often wonder how many of my family ancestors were sold like an animal while being publicly displayed on that auction block. Imagine being unable to say anything about your own fate while others are making decisions about you. To me, I think overturning Roe v. Wade is too close to slavery. No one should be unjustly controlling you. When anyone takes your freedoms away you don’t have to be a Black person to understand how hurtful this is. Everyone, regardless of race or gender, can feel how fundamentally wrong this is on so many levels. Certain laws created by a selected few do not make them right. Your voice is your most powerful tool. It’s time to stand and be heard. Please Vote to regain and to maintain your freedoms. Let them hear you. – Randolph Randy Camp More at https://www.amazon.com/author/randolphcamp Note: The Slave Auction Block was relocated to the Fredericksburg Area Museum in the fall of 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment